[mod_python] Configuring mod_python via reverse proxy

Roberto Sanchez roberto at familiasanchez.net
Thu Dec 15 16:16:50 EST 2005

Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> If you are using mod_python.psp you will not, but if you use PythonHandler
> to target a handler .py file in ~/public_html, or you are using mod_python
> version 3.1.4 or older and mod_python.publisher, you can.
>
> Graham

That makes me wonder if it is a Bad Idea(TM) to let apache run as the
user himself.  Is there an alternative there?  Originally, I was trying
to avoid the problems encountered by using mod_python on a shared
machine.  This is similar to the problem with using mod_php on a shared
machine, except that PHP has a safe mode (which I understand is not very
safe at all).  Running separate instances of apache seems like the
better alternative in this case.  I am just wondering of problems that
may occur by letting the web server run and then having write access to
the document root.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez