[mod_python] returning errors from python handler and ErrorDocument

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Dec 11 06:25:37 EST 2005

On 11/12/2005, at 10:02 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> There are also some implications
> of using req.internal_redirect() if the original request was POST.
> That is
> that on subsequent interpretation it will be seen as a GET request
> instead.
> This will be a problem if the form parameters for the POST were in the
> content of the request and not in the URL as with GET.

Whoops, partly spouting nonsense here. Am getting myself confused with
mod_python.publisher behaviour, whereby an internal redirect for a POST
with mod_python.publisher will not necessarily work as the first
application
of mod_python.publisher will consume request content so that it isn't
available to the latter to which the request may be redirected.

There is a case where POST gets converted to GET on an internal
redirect,
but I think that is where the target mapped to an actual directory. Thus
it is a quite specific case which will probably not be an issue.

Getting late, time to go get some sleep.....