[mod_python] Compiling on X86_64?

Jim Gallacher jpg at jgassociates.ca
Thu Dec 8 14:09:59 EST 2005

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>>err LDFLAGS="-L/lib64"
>>
>>...using which mod_python version?
>

> Oh good point :). I was able to resolve my issue with 3.1.4 and Python
> 2.4.2 on FC2 by passing LDFLAGS to ./configure.
>
> I also tested 3.2.5b which worked as well with the above change.
>
> However, one thing I did note on 3.2.5b is that it wants to have a newer
> version of Flex. However FC2, FC3 and FC4 ship with a old version of
> flex.
>
> It GNU no longer supports the version of flex that is actively developed
> and it the newer version needs to be retrieved from sourceforge. You may
> want to make note in your docs.

You may want to read the output from configure more carefully. You only
need flex if you want to regenerate psp_parser.c after making changes to
psp_parser.l. Otherwise you can use the pre-generated psp_parser.c
provided with the source to accomodate distributions that ship with the
older flex. This is information is also detailed in the docs and README.

Jim