[mod_python] My template script isn't working

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Aug 28 19:05:17 EDT 2005

On 29/08/2005, at 8:49 AM, Anton wrote:

> I am migrating from php to python. Simple script are attached with
> templates.
>
> The problem is script isn't being processed by apache (It's not
> AddHandler stuff). And I think something is segfaulting.
>
> What is wrong with it?
>
> Script works if I, for example, change QUOTE to QUOTE2 and error
> occurs:
> NameError: name 'QUOTE' is not defined
> <index.py><style.css><header.tmpl><index.tmpl><right.tmpl>_____________
> _________________________________

In your code you have:

   from mod_python import apache,psp

   def index(req):
     quote = 'quote_of_the_day'
     tmpl = psp.PSP(req, filename='templates/index.tmpl')
     tmpl.run( vars={'QUOTES':quote} )
     return apache.OK

The current working directory will not be that of your script. For
starters, try instead:

   from mod_python import apache,psp

   import os

   __here__ = os.path.dirname(__file__)

   def index(req):
     quote = 'quote_of_the_day'
     tmpl = psp.PSP(req, filename=os.path.join(__here__,'index.tmpl'))
     tmpl.run( vars={'QUOTES':quote} )
     return apache.OK