[mod_python] Python 2.3 -> Python 2.4

Jim Gallacher jg.lists at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 12 09:40:02 EDT 2005

Manuzhai wrote:
>>Don't do that.  mod_python is easily confused as to which python to use.
>>
>>Remove the older version and it should start working again.
>

> Unfortunately, that doesn't help. I've removed Python 2.3, and it
> still gives the same error.
>
> Any other ideas? This really sucks.

I gather that Gentoo allows you to tweak the way things are compiled by
the emerge process. You want the equivalent of:

$  ./configure --with-apxs=`which apxs` --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.4
$  make
$  make install

This works on my Debian system  (except that apxs is apxs2 for apache2)
with both python 2.3 and 2.4 installed. The default /usr/bin/python is 2.3.

Jim