[mod_python] bug in apache.import_module

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Apr 29 18:20:07 EDT 2005

On 30/04/2005, at 12:25 AM, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
>
>> It is so correct that the only way I see of fixing that is to
>> integrate the workaround in the import_module function, that is to say
>> to check whether each path component passed in the path list argument
>> ends with a '/' (or '\'), and if not, add a '/' (or '\\'). This is
>> done easily in the first line of the function :
>
> I seem to remember the SLASH constant being removed and I was
> wondering why it might have been there... _this_ may have been the
> reason actually, because I vaguely remember this issue being already
> reported and fixed long long ago :-)
>
> The point is - when we fix this, we better comment this in the code
> very well.

The change in the SLASH code is only in subversion repository and it is
probably likely person is using tar ball release code and thus wouldn't
have code with SLASH change in it anyway. My recollection also is that
the
SLASH change is in code not connected with this. Anyway, I'll have a
bit of time today to look at this properly.