[mod_python] HTTP digest auth

Alessandro de Manzano ale at unixmania.net
Thu Sep 30 18:35:08 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm succesfully using mod_python (2.7.10 with Apache 1.3.31 on FreeBSD
4.x) to run an handler with HTTP basic authentication.

Now I'ld try to implement also (or only, better) HTTP digest auth. for
more security (yes, I know it's not perfect either, a SSL/TLS layer
would probably be much better but for now I can't use it ;( )

I'm reading RFC 2617 but to not reinvent the wheel ;), anyone knows
some mod_python-based implementation, examples, etc. ?
Is not clear to me how this new auth method relates to mod_python's
Request object (as you may have guessed, I'm quite new to mod_python ;)
)

ANY hint, suggestion, URL, etc. is greatly appreciated! :)

Many thanks in advance!

--

bye!

Ale