[mod_python] Hiding textual contents of .py script (but keeping it executable)

Byron Ellacott bje at apnic.net
Thu Sep 23 12:00:53 EDT 2004

Rich Pinder wrote:
> Last first.  Apache 1.3.  Mod Python is configured and working just
> fine.  Database is being populated from forms. I stumbled on this
> 'oddity' totally by accident - and really think it should be fixed !!
> I see indeed how it should work, from your URL

I took a quick gander at the docs for mod_python 2.7, and didn't spot
anything immediately apparent to suggest it might work differently.
Unfortunately, I don't actually have any Apache 1.3 installations around
to play with, so the best I can say is that you might have found a bug.

(Any particular reason to stay with Apache 1.3?  There are several good
ones, to be sure.)

> But I have no stuff configured in any .htaccess files - and sure I never
> saw THIS in the notes that came with samples I used. (see below for ver
> numbers / dates for the components).

A .htaccess is basically equivalent to a <Location> or <Directory>
configuration section.  I only used it because it's a lot easier for
quick examples than altering the main config file and restarting.

--
bje