[mod_python] mod_python stops Apache

Niklas Aldergren niklas at chimney.se
Tue Sep 7 16:00:00 EDT 2004

On 7 sep 2004, at 10.59, Niklas Saers wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 5.3-BETA and Apache2 and mod_python 3.1.3, all
> installed from ports. All I've added to httpd.conf is:
>
> LoadModule python_module libexec/apache2/mod_python.so
> AddHandler python-program .py
> PythonDebug On
>
> When Apache starts, it sais:
> [Tue Sep 07 08:50:16 2004] [notice] mod_python: Creating 32 session
> mutexes based on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
>
> and then it quits with error-code 0 and no core dumps. What's
> happening?
> How can I keep Python living? If I keep only the LoadModule statement,
> it
> still quits. Without the statement, Apache runs smooth as usual.

Hello,

I'm running a very similar setup and everything is working fine;

FreeBSD 5.2.1-stable, apache-2.0.50_2 (worker), mod_python 3.1.3 &
python-2.3.4_1.

All these are built with the default options, except Apache that was
built with
WITH_THREADS=1 and WITHOUT_IPV6=1. I rebuilt Apache without these
options and
I could not reproduce your problem

Things to try could be to set the LogLevel of Apache to 'debug', and
also
run ktrace /usr/local/sbin/httpd -X and examine the results with kdump.

/Niklas