[mod_python] mpservlet and formkit

Daniel Popowich dpopowich at comcast.net
Fri Sep 3 16:02:54 EDT 2004

Vinj Vinj writes:
> I was thinking of using mpservlet/modpython/simpletal
> and formkit for form generation.
>
> Has anyone used this combination. How difficult would
> it be to get mpservlet to work with formkit. Or in
> other words how different is the mpservlet api then
> the webware servlet api.

I have not used mpservlets with any form/templating tool.  Servlets
are pure python, so you should be able to import any module you like
and use it as you would any other python module.

The only caveat, re forms, is that mpservlets have tools to aid the
developer in processing form and query data.  Of course, servlets
doesn't FORCE you to do it its way, so should you decide to use some
other form generation/processing tool, just don't use query_vars or
form_vars.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Popowich