[mod_python] Questions on _call_ with mp servlets and python

Vinj Vinj vinjvinj at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 13:21:08 EDT 2004

First of all thank you for providing mpservlet. I
,like many people, have used zope, quxiote, and
webware and have finally found mpservlet which is
exactly what I need. I'm trying to use _call_ but have
some questions suggestions. My site has a yahoo like
interface which has a lot of links which perform
actions. These actions(links) go thorugh http get.

I changed the repsond so that the servlet looks for
the _call_ form variable function gets called even if
it comes from a get request.

The second thing I would like to have is _call_
function just be called for generating the content. So
in effect if I subclass HTMLPage and use the _call_
functionality my header and nav and footer functions
don't get called. This seems strange to since almost
every action would have to generate some content.

Thanks!