[mod_python] More on sessions

Rune Hansen rune.hansen at scanmine.com
Sun Oct 31 10:47:04 EST 2004

Hi, I've been following a discussion on sessions on this list. To day I
had use for sessions my self.

The example provided by Amir Salihenfendic
(http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-August/016057.html)
works perfectly on my OS X pb... so naturally I didn't expect to get
into trouble deploying it on Fedora Core 1, apache 2.0.50, python
2.3.4(ucs4) and mod_python 3.1.3, but no such luck.

It seems to me that new_session.save() fails. The server returns 404 -
no information is written to any log.

- /tmp is writable for all
- mod_python in general works as expected

I really don't know what to do other than scrap the system and rebuild
it.

Any suggestions?

regards

/rune

"So as far as I'm concerned, SOAP is not XML, nor is it useful to even a
fraction of the degree to which it is destructive."
- Uche Ogbuji