[mod_python] does add_handler even work?

Johannes Erdfelt johannes at erdfelt.com
Wed Oct 13 00:15:53 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004, Scott Sanders <sanders at apache.org> wrote:

> >If I add a SetHandler, then everything works, but then other modules
> >like PHP and mod_autoindex stop working.
>
> You either need to add the optional type after the SetHandler

I don't see an option type for SetHandler. Atleast the docs don't list
it:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#sethandler

> or with
> your AddHandler, your handler needs to return apache.DECLINED on
> requests that you do not want to handle.

The problem is that AddHandler catches too few requests, not that it
catches too many requests.

I was really hoping for a way I could look at all requests and decline
the ones I don't want, while still letting other modules (like PHP and
autoindex) to work normally.

JE