[mod_python] does add_handler even work?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Oct 12 21:26:06 EDT 2004

On Oct 12 17:37, Johannes Erdfelt <johannes at erdfelt.com> wrote:

> Subject: [mod_python] does add_handler even work?
>
> Unrelated to the actual problem I'm having with add_handler(), the
> reason I want to do this is because AddHandler isn't sufficient (I want
> to handle multiple types of filename extensions and no extension).

If you want to be able to handle multiple extension types, or no extension
at all, all for the same base resource, or not as case may be, then go and
have a look at Vampire.

What Vampire does is bring the decision of mapping extensions to handlers
into the scope of Python code rather than relying on AddHandler/SetHandler
exclusively. Bringing the decision into the Python code allows a bit more
flexibility in what you can do and thus you can do exactly what you are
wanting with Vampire.

Vampire can be found at:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire

Be warned that Vampire should only be used in "prefork" Apache at the
moment. I know exactly what needs to be done to make it work in threaded
MPMs, but interest in the package ,and thus motivation for me to do that,
has been minimal. If a threaded MPS is what you use and you want to use
Vampire, let me know and I'll up the priority of making the changes. ;-)

--
Graham Dumpleton (grahamd at dscpl.com.au)