[mod_python] Udate python modules without restarting Apache

berry groenendijk berry.groenendijk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 00:03:41 EDT 2004

Hi Mike,

I was about to ask the same question! I am building a website using
servlets. But, I still haven't found a hosting provider that supports
mod_python 3.1.3. Can you recommend a hosting provider? Is it
reasonably priced? I also do prefer a hosting provider in Europe, for
example Germany or The Netherlands. Do you know a good hosting
provider in Europe that does support mod_python 3.1.3?

Indeed when I change .py modules in my developement environment, I
need to restart Apache to get the changes to work. So, I was also
wondering how to update .py modules on a server at a hosting provider
that does not allow you to restart the Apache server proces.

Thanks,
Berry