[mod_python] Returning a Apache return code

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Tue Nov 30 14:25:44 EST 2004

Nick wrote:

> Note that you should almost always use 307 (moved temporarily) for a web
> application, because 301 tells the client to always go to the new
> location when the URL is requested without even asking for the original
> page.  I.e., the page has moved permanently, don't look here anymore.

It depends on your needs. I'm using HTTP_SEE_OTHER in my application to
sometimes redirect POST requests to an authentication page if the login
has expired. This tells the agent to request the new resource with GET,
preventing it from POSTing form data to the authentication page, which
is not under my control (or even in my site).