[mod_python] ModPython, Psycopg postgresql gives segmentation fault

Rune Hansen rune.hansen at scanmine.com
Tue Nov 30 04:28:11 EST 2004

On 29. nov 2004, at 21.56, java_dev wrote:

> If someone can give me a pointer how to prevent the Session from
> creating segmentation Faults please let me know. And if there is
> another way for preventing the authenicationhandler from being called
> all the time please let me know
>
> Thanks
>
> Johan

As for the session segfault. Just remembered  had this problem on
Fedora Core1 with python 2.3.3. On this machine a python interpreter in
mod_python could not make use of the anydbm(dbhash) module. If the db
type was given to : Session.DbmSession(req, dbm=gdmb) the segfault
disappeared, but then register_cleanup would fail. I "solved" it by
compiling python 2.3.4 on that machine.

regards
/rune