[mod_python] Help converting cgi to mod_python

Josh Goldsmith kd7spq at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 22:22:25 EST 2004

Hi all,

  I'm sure that this is a very common question (though after looking
thru a few months of the archives maybe not) but is there an easy way
to convert a cgi written around the cgi module to work in  mod_python?

 I've spent the last couple of weeks teaching myself python (and
MySQL) while writing a cgi and it is running slower than I'd like (15
tps on a 1ghz Athlon).  In looking to speed it up, I observed that
starting Python was where most of the delay came from.  With further
poking, I found mod_python and have been poking at it to get a feel
for it.  Unfortunately I have not found nearly enough examples to
fully get it.

  Any pointers, links, or other help would be appreciated!

-Josh

PS.  Using Python 2.3, Apache 2.0.52, and mod_python 3.1.3