[mod_python] POST Data Problems

Quinn Buchanan quinn at evilgeniusgames.com
Tue Nov 2 19:38:41 EST 2004

Hi,
I am new to mod_python but it seems to be really nice to use, but an
having a really frustrating problem.  I am writing a paypal notification
handler in it and am running into some problems.  Here is what I need to
do.  The paypal notification system will POST data to my script and in
order to verify the order, I need to POST all the post data back to a
specific URL at paypal with a var, cmd=_notify-validate, appended to the
end of my POST request.  Thats it, pretty simple, except that I can not
figure out how to get it to work.  And here is the problem that I am
running into, the POST data has to be in exactly the same order as
before.   When I use mod_python.publisher it places all of this data
into a dictionary and the order is changed.  I have tried to follow a
couple posts from various message boards on how to get the raw POST data
string, but to no avail.  Can anyone please tell me how to get that
information.
    TIA
       Quinn