[mod_python] questions about mod_python publisher

David Geller dg at sponsera.com
Wed May 19 10:58:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have been using the publisher handler for development purposes (after
having used the more general handler paradigm previously), and am
considering deployment..

Some questions:

1. Is the publisher suitable for public access, in terms of security, etc.?

2. With the publisher, can you store your python programs outside the
document root? (I couldn't figure out a way for this)

3. With publisher, is it possible to hide the ".py" suffix?

4. I guess I would like to know what the publisher is really good for -
it is convenient, but is it just better to code your own handler by hand?

Thanks in advance!

David

--
David Geller