[mod_python] Protecting Web apps from to many simultaneous clicks/Hacking

SAiello at Jentoo.com SAiello at Jentoo.com
Tue May 18 14:00:54 EDT 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 11:42 pm, Byron Ellacott wrote:
> From the server end, it's still a bunch of requests coming in hot on
> each others' heels.  I used refresh so I didn't have to futz around
> making a form that submitted to a mod_python module; I just threw in an
> index.py and a PythonHandler index.

Well it is both form submits and HTML A HREF links. Currently both the form
and all A links call the same module that created them, basically it the same
URL over and over again. So you do not have to create another module.

Today, I think I will be working on my hybrid IMAP wrapper/IMAP data cache
module. It should not take too long, I have been taking a break from coding
for the last few days to think about it.

I would like to spend some time this afternoon recreating my lock issue, and
see if it is just my coding, my server/configuration, or something else. I
will let you all know, if I see anything interesting.

Thank you again,
  Steven