[mod_python] Expat woes?

Ron Alford ronwalf at umd.edu
Tue May 11 21:24:34 EDT 2004

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm getting the distinct impression that I'm
having expat conflicts.

I noticed Apache links to the system copy of mod_expat (1.95.5-6), while
Python has its own version (odd? 1.95.2).  I've tried futzing with the
Modules/Setup file in the python build, but the two libs are
incompatible (the system version does not contain XML_FreeContentModel).

Here are the symptoms, anyways:
Using Python2.3.3, rdflib 2.0.3 (a pure python RDF/XML library), loading
files seems to work fine.

Add in Apache 2.0.46, mod_python 3.1.3,
every time (the file is http://www.mindswap.org/~ronwalf/scrap/meta.rdf
- just incase it isn't limited to rdflib parsing it).

I'm still tracing through the code to find the exact spot that the whole
thing croaks, but if I could eliminate expat from the list of issues,
that would help immensely.

-Ron