[mod_python] Having problems getting mod_python working.

Jay Donnell jdonnell at tdkcommunications.com
Sun May 9 11:39:59 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I just started testing mod_python and I have a quick question. The docs
say the following
"Note also that you do not have to have req as one of the arguments if
you do not need it. The publisher handler is smart enough to pass your
function only those arguments that it will accept."

But, the form.py example won't work if I send it fewer arguments than
it expects. For example, I can't call form.py/email without passing it
any post variables. I get the following
TypeError: email() takes exactly 4 non-keyword arguments (1 given)

Also, the documentation was very confusing. I had to use part of the
example from the 2.7 doc (AddHandler python-program instead of
AddHandler mod_python .py) and part from the 3.1 doc
(action="form.py/email" instead of action="form/email").
I'm using version 3.0.1 which was the latest rpm available to me via
yum.

Jay

P.S. - I love python and I'm hoping I can move from using php to
mod_python.