[mod_python] MySQL Temporary Tables

Robert Thomas Davis rdavisunr at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 13:46:47 EST 2004

Hello All

As I understand things, one can try and set up a persistent connection to a MySQL database...however there is no guarantee the next request will reuse the same thread/process containing that connection and thus generating a new db connection.  Am I correct?  So, since MySQL temporary tables are unique to a single connection am I correct in assuming there would be no easy way to use them?

In that same vein, how easy is it to set up Apache so that it does not fork more than one process?

Thanks!