[mod_python] upload file?

John Mudd JohnMudd at mindspring.com
Fri May 7 05:43:03 EST 2004

Perfect timing!  I just found that thread myself via Gogle and I just
checked my 3.1.3 version of util.py.  It seems to contain the correct
code.  Here it is:

    def __getitem__(self, key):
        """Dictionary style indexing."""
        if self.list is None:
            raise TypeError, "not indexable"
        found = []
        for item in self.list:
            if item.name == key:
                if isinstance(item.file, FileType):
                    found.append(item)
                else:
                    found.append(StringField(item.value))
        if not found:
            raise KeyError, key
        if len(found) == 1:
            return found[0]
        else:
            return found

I added debug code inside this method and here are the results:

item=Field('inputJar', 'zopeIntro.txt')
item.type='text/plain'
item.type_options={}
type(item)=<type 'instance'>

Someone else mad a suggestion that I'm not setting my content_type
correctly.  Here's what I'm using.

def handler(req):
     req.content_type = 'text/html'

I tried switching to req.content_type = 'multipart/form-data'.  That did
have an effect.  Now I get a popup from my browser asking if I want to
save the file or open it with an application.

Any suggestions?