[mod_python] Getting apache configured correctly?

Amy G amy-g-art at cox.net
Wed Mar 24 21:32:33 EST 2004

I am just trying to get apache to recognize my mod_python.so.

I am using Apache 1.3.7.

I downloaded both mod_pyton-2.7.10 and 2.7.9.

I configured and ran make mso, make install on both with the same result.

After adding the required lines to my httpd.conf and restarting apache I get
the following error.

Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_python.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_python.so: Undefined symbol "pthread_create"

Thanks for any help.