[mod_python] persistent, reliable globals

Ben ben at medianstrip.net
Tue Mar 9 22:22:56 EST 2004

sleepycat / bsddb3 handles locking automatically.  after setting the
environment, you can use it like a dictionary and it works like magic.

by the way, i'm 99% done with my non-middleware framework that will
plug right into modpython, allow caching db connections, etc.  it
supports programmable caching, right now it can make dynamically
generated pages nearly as fast as plain apache!  i call it
non-middleware because it's super lightweight, and hopefully
unobtrusive.  i will release it as soon as i've sanity checked it all.