[mod_python] mod_python, debian, apache configuration.

donnie donnie at darthik.com
Sun Mar 7 16:15:37 EST 2004

Hello.

I have been trying to get apache and mod_python working with Debian.
Using the mod_python manual, I have attempted to copy the exact mptest
given in the manual to make sure that mod_python is working.

Here is what I have in my httpd.conf:

<Directory /var/www/darthik>
        AddHandler mod_python .py
        PythonHandler mptest
        PythonDebug On
</Directory>

I am using the exact mptest.py from the manual:

from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):
	req.write("Hello World!")
        return apache.OK

However, each time I go to http://localhost/darthik/mptest.py it simply
asks me to save,cancel, or open the file, instead of HelloWorld showing
up in my browser.

Information from the apache logs:
Apache/2.0.48 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_python/3.0.4 Python/2.3.3

I have also tried to get it working with Apache 1.3.29 with the same
problem occurring.

I am confused at what could be the issue...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Donnie