[mod_python] modpython psp v. spyce

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sat Mar 6 15:49:40 EST 2004

I've been writing web apps since the beginning (since the time when I
accessed the Internet over a 2400 baud modem and used a text based
browser) and I agree with you. I never really saw the point of inline
code in html. It's okay for short scripts but for applications it's a
definate no-no IMO. With PHP I didn't use it and so far with Python I'm
not using it. I like to collect my output in a variable and then write
it to the client all at once. Python's string processing is quite nice
in itself. A framework is definately the way to go and is why I'm moving
from PHP to Python. PHP just doesn't lend itself well to that kind of
use. The lack of decent namespace or objects makes any complex framework
a pain to work with. Python, so far, looks much better.