[mod_python] could not import mod_python.apache ?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Fri Mar 5 03:06:35 EST 2004

Linux 2.6.2
Apache 2.0.48
Python 2.3.2
Mod_Python 3.1.3

[Fri Mar 05 02:52:05 2004] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
mod_python.apache.

Apache's error log shows the above message when trying to load a test
handler. If I try to load the same line, 'from mod_python import
apache', directly in Python I get the following error.

 >>> from mod_python import apache
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/home/webserver/python2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py",
line 28, in ?
    import _apache
ImportError: No module named _apache

Obviously, I seem to be missing something called _apache. Should this
have been installed as part of mod_python or from where? Any help?