[mod_python] Connection Handler in a virtual host

Miikka Miettinen mmmietti at cs.Helsinki.FI
Mon Mar 1 10:22:13 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to set up two name based virtual hosts, one of which would use
the mod_python connection handler. For some reason, the following
configuration doesn't work:

------------------------
NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    #this is an "ordinary web site"
    ServerName site1.xyz.org:80
    DocumentRoot /var/www/site1/htdocs
    #...
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName site2.xyz.org:80
    DocumentRoot /var/www/site2/htdocs
    PythonPath "sys.path+['/var/www/test']"
    PythonConnectionHandler conntest
</VirtualHost>
------------

The virtual hosts exist and have different document roots, but my
connection handler is never called. On the other hand, if I put the
virtual hosts in different ports, everything works fine:

------------
NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    #this is an "ordinary web site"
    ServerName site1.xyz.org:80
    DocumentRoot /var/www/site1/htdocs
    #...
</VirtualHost>

Listen 8080
NameVirtualHost *:8080
<VirtualHost *:8080>
    ServerName site2.xyz.org:8080
    DocumentRoot /var/www/site2/htdocs
    PythonPath "sys.path+['/var/www/test']"
    PythonConnectionHandler conntest
</VirtualHost>

I would prefer to use just one port. Does something in Apache or
mod_python prevent this, or is the configuration just wrong? I'm using
Apache 2.0.47 and mod_python 3.0.4.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Miikka