[mod_python] Zope Access Rule in mod_py

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Mon Jan 5 07:46:01 EST 2004

Well, that URL isn't valid. I assume you mean something like

http://my.domain.com/root/users/files/work1

right?

That's not hard. There's a few variations on the solution:

1) If you want it to only work for valid directory trees (i.e.
/root/users/files/work1 is valid but /root/foo/bar wouldn't be,
assuming /root/foo doesn't exist) then you can use a <Directory>
directive. Stick a SetHandler python-program and PythonHandler main in
there (assuming the directory with main.py will be in the Python path,
i.e. if the main.py is in the directory specified in the <Directory>
directive. If it's not there, use the PythonPath directive to tell it
where to look).

2) If you want it to work for all paths that match a pattern (say, all
paths starting with /root/) then use a <Files> directive and set the
same handlers as #1. Same caveats with the python include path.

3) If you want it to apply to every single request to your site, add
the handlers from #1 in the root level of your httpd.conf file. Same
caveats apply to the include path for main.py (although since this
isn't nested, it's just the default Python path so you'll need to add
the directory for main.py, such as sys.path+['/foo'])

HTH,
Kevin

--
Kevin Ballard