[mod_python] mod_python installation \ initial setup help

S C sameerc1 at grandecom.net
Sun Feb 29 04:12:10 EST 2004

David McNab wrote:

> Do you have anywhere in your apache configs the line:
>
> LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_python.so
>
> ?

In my mods-enabled directory under /etc/apache2, I have a symbolic link
to file mod_python.load which exists in directory mods-available.  The
single line in mod_python.load is: LoadModule python_module
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_python.so.

Even in my apache error log it says Apache/2.0.48 mod_python/3.0.4
Python/2.3.3 configured - resuming normal operations when I restart
apache.

I think as far as apache knows, it's running mod_python, just not
executing my .py file!

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!