[mod_python] ANNOUNCE: Mod_python 3.1.3

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Wed Feb 25 18:35:50 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
>
> >This release includes several features not available in the previous
> >stable release (3.0.x). Some feature highlights:
> >* Server-side sessions with memory or dbm-based storage and session
> >  locking support.
> >

> I'm working on a project where I planned to implement my own sessions
> using a PosgtreSQL database for storage. Can and should I get the new
> mod_python sessions to store in my database instead?

You'll probably save yourself quite a bit of trouble by using mod_python's
sessions. Mod_python will not give the ability to store session data in
postgres out-of-the-box of course, but it should be pretty simple to a
create a session subclass to do just that - look at the DbmSession as an
example.

Grisha