[mod_python] question - Getting/Setting Cookies

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Thu Feb 12 22:03:16 EST 2004

Simon Willison wrote:

>> So my question is - is there any code for getting a Cookie object from
>> the 'req' object?

> c = SimpleCookie()
> c.load(req.headers_in.get('cookie', ''))

There's no 'get' attribute in req.headers_in, at least not in mod_python
v2.7.10 (Debian).

However, the following works:

     c = Cookie.SimpleCookie()
     if req.headers_in.has_key('cookie'):
         c.load(req.headers_in['cookie'])

Sorry for not asking before, but what's the cleanest way of putting the
cookies into req.headers_out?

For me, the dictionary nature of req.headers_out is a stumbling block,
because when I write the second and subsequent 'Set-Cookie' items, they
overwrite the ones before.

Thanks again in advance for any help

--

Kind regards
David

--

leave this line intact so your email gets through my junk mail filter