[mod_python] .htaccess auth with mod_python publisher handler

dannoritzer at web.de dannoritzer at web.de
Sun Feb 8 00:37:05 EST 2004

Hello,

I am pretty new to mod_python and got my first script with a publisher
handler going. Now I would like to restrict access to it with the
.htaccess file. Is there anything different to consider other than
access restriction to a plain html file e.g.?

I am using the following configuration, but always get the error
message: "Bad Request", after I provided login and password. If I
disable the access control, the script works just fine.

<files "menu.*">
   AuthType Digest
   AuthName "Menu"
   AuthDigestFile /srv/www/passwords/.digest
   AuthDigestDomain /dynamic/ http:/www.myDomain.com/dynamic/
   AuthDigestNonceLifetime 300
   Allow from All
   Options +ExecCGI