[mod_python] Publisher Handler

SAiello at Jentoo.com SAiello at Jentoo.com
Fri Feb 6 11:24:54 EST 2004

Per the 3.0 documentation I have setup up apache 2.0.48 per chapter 6.1.1.
Documentation as follows:

To use the handler, you need the following lines in your configuration
	<Directory /some/path}
 		SetHandler python-program
  		PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
	</Directory>
 This handler allows access to functions and variables within a module via
URL's. For example, if you have the following module, called hello.py:

	""" Publisher example """

	def say(req, what="NOTHING"):
 		return "I am saying %s" % what

A URL http://www.mysite.com/hello.py/say would return "I am saying NOTHING". A
URL http://www.mysite.com/hello.py/say?what=hello would return "I am saying
hello".

When I access my server I get the following error:

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 338, in
HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line 140,
in handler
    path=[path])

  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 493, in
import_module
    f, p, d = imp.find_module(parts[i], path)

ImportError: No module named index