[mod_python] [error] make_obcallback: could not import mod_python.apache

Alexis Marrero-Narváez amarrero at mitre.org
Wed Dec 1 11:13:04 EST 2004

I'm trying to get mod_python running under the following configuration:

OS: Mac OS X 10.3.6
Apache: 2.0.50
mod_python: 3.1.3
python: 2.3.4

When importing the mod_python module from the Python interpreter I get:

[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)] on darwin
 >>> import mod_python.apache
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py",
line 28, in ?
     import _apache
ImportError: No module named _apache

Which at least it tells me that it is installed. I already read this
entry:
http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-November/016815.html

But don't know anything else to do make it work. This is the line I get
in the  error_log:

[Wed Dec 01 10:39:41 2004] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
mod_python.apache.\n

Any hints for troubleshooting this problem?

I built mod_python doing: ./configure; make clean; make dso, make
install ... dance

Regards
/amn