[mod_python] Differences between 2.7 and 3.1

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Tue Aug 31 09:47:59 EDT 2004

Jon-Pierre Gentil wrote:

>What are the major differences between mod_python 2.7 and 3.1 (besides
>the fact that one runs under apache 1.3x and the other under 2.0x)?
>
>I'm having to develop software in 3.1, but I need to back-port it
>eventually to 2.7.
>
>Thanks.

There are some differences in the members / methods of the request
objects etc.
The easiest way to see is to compare the relevant documentation pages
for any of the objects you are planning to use.
I wrote stuff for 2.7, then switch to 3.1, and then had to get it
running again on 2.7 and it wasn't too hard.
Of course it would be more difficult if you used new feature introduced
for 3.x like sessions or psp code

Regards
David