[mod_python] Events

Evert Carton evert_carton at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 23:38:56 EST 2004

There is a more or less standard approach to this:

Google for 'XMLHttpRequest'

The XMLHttpRequest-object is a JavaScript object that does allow you to
ask for a server-side action without actually displaying a page.

The way to instantiate it differs between Mozilla/Firefox and IE, the
code below for Mozilla would be more or less:

var xmlhttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
xmlhttp.open('GET','/my/location/myscript.py',false);
xmlhttp.send(null);

You can check for the status using the properties of the
XMLHttpRequest-object and make javascript alerts ... accordingly.

Hope this helps ...

Regards,
Evert