[mod_python]

John Draper lists at webcrunchers.com
Sat Apr 10 15:52:26 EST 2004

Ok,

I think I finally got Apache started with Mod Python,  so now I'm
following the instructions
for testing.

 >At this time, if you made changes to the main configuration file, you
will need to restart Apache in order for the changes to take effect.

Ok,   I've done that.

 >4.	Edit mptest.py file in the htdocs/test directory so that is has the
following lines (be careful when cutting and >pasting from your
browser, you may end up with incorrect indentation and a syntax error):

 >    from mod_python import apache

 >    def handler(req):
 >        req.write("Hello World!")
 >        return apache.OK

Ok - I've done that,  and saved it into cgi-bin/test directory.

 >5.	Point your browser to the URL referring to the mptest.py; you
should see "Hello World!". If you didn't - refer to the troubleshooting
section next.

Ok,  I tried:

http://192.168.0.20/mptest       			- Not found
http://192.168.0.20/mptest.py    			- Not found
http://192.168.0.20/cgi-bin/test/mptest  	- Not found
http://192.168.0.20/cgi-bin/test/mptest.py  - Not found

Ok,  so what IS the url if it isn't any one of these.....  COME ON
MAN....    this documentation sucks
it says "Point your browser to the URL referring to the mptest.py" but
fails to specify what the URL
really IS....   So how are WE to know this?

I get this back on the browser screen...

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/test/mptest.py was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.2.1 mod_ssl/2.0.49
OpenSSL/0.9.7b Server at 192.168.0.20 Port 80

Does this mean the Mod_Python actually works and I just haven't figured
out what the bloody URL is?
Or is there something wrong with the script.   I DID check it for
proper indentation of course.

Again,  please send your reply to crunch at shopip dot com

John