[mod_python] Handler publisher with multiple directories on the same tree

Luis Sousa llsousa at ualg.pt
Mon Sep 8 12:23:41 EST 2003

Hello everybody.

I'm using Apache 1.3.26-0woody3 and mod_python 2.7.8-6, debian releases.
I have configured just one directory on my public_html and added some
directives to httpd.conf file as follows:

<Directory /home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal/trunk>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    PythonDebug On
    PythonPath "sys.path+['/home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal/trunk']"
</Directory>

And everything worked ok.
So, I needed 2 more folders and I did the same for the rest, like this:

<Directory /home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal/dev>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    PythonDebug On
    PythonPath "sys.path+['/home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal/dev']"
</Directory>

<Directory /home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal/bugs>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    PythonDebug On
    PythonPath "sys.path+['/home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal/bugs']"
</Directory>

But I got a unpleasent surprise, that is, using browser, I access one of
the projects subsection and everything is OK. After I got the page, I
tried to access to another of the subsection and I got an 404, page not
found. If I wait for a while (I don't know exactly, but something like
one minute) and made reload on browser, I can now see this subsection.

Does anyone have any clue about this ? What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Luis Sousa