[mod_python] ValueError: Failed to acquire global mutex lock

Julian Ciccale jciccale at mac.com
Sun Nov 23 13:24:26 EST 2003

Hi and thanks,
  I got that problem solved but now it seems it's happening something weird. I compiled the sources from CVS (enabling the debugging lines on the locking calls). On a first request i get these lines:

[Sun Nov 23 12:17:51 2003] [warn] _global_lock at index 30 from pid 21429
[Sun Nov 23 12:17:51 2003] [warn] _global_lock DONE at index 30 from pid 21429

, which seems to lock mutex at ix 30. (and remains locked even when the request has completed). Then when a second request comes i get this:

[Sun Nov 23 12:18:02 2003] [warn] _global_lock at index 30 from pid 21425

. Obviously that process remains locked forever, waiting on a lock forever.
How it was meant to work the locking mechanism? It seems the problem is in Session.py and how it handles the locking..

BTW. I'm working on a very cool project take a look (pythonwork.sf.net)
Bye,
Julian