[mod_python] Multiple handlers

Dan W. dwmp at opti.cgi.net
Thu Nov 20 19:47:22 EST 2003

I'm a mod_python newbie using mod_python 3.1.2b and Apache 2.0.48.  I'm
trying to setup my test directory to run .py files under a request handler
and any .psp files under the mod_python.psp handler.  Here's my Apache config.

### Test ###
<Directory /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/test>
     AddHandler mod_python .py
     PythonHandler index
     PythonDebug On

     AddHandler mod_python .psp
     PythonHandler mod_python.psp
</Directory>

The problem is that I get both handlers running one after the other.  The
request handler (index.py) handles the request, sends output, returns
apache.OK and then the mod_python.psp tries to handle the same request,
appending output to the index.py output.  Why does this config not set it
up so that all .py requests go to index.py and all requests for .psp files
get handled by mod_python.psp?

It would be nice if the documentation had a more detailed explanation of
how Apache uses handlers and how to setup mod_python in the Apache
config.  Those of us who are used to just putting a .php file in the
filesystem and watching it run need a little hand holding.

-Dan