[mod_python] mod_python for python 2.3

Mårten Ask majbritt37 at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 00:03:49 EST 2003

Hello.

I'm having some trouble. It seems that either apache or mod_python doesn't
realise that I'm using python 2.3, instead they insist that I have python
2.2.2 installed. The apache error logs show:

make_obcallback: could not import mod_python.apache.

It seems like mod_python is linked to the python22.dll in my system32
folder. I tried removing it so that it might try to use the python23.dll
that's also there, but apache then refuses to start.

So how do I fix this? Do I need to recompile either apache or mod_python
(which I have no idea how to do) or can I find binaries somewhere that might
work?

Help help.