[mod_python] has anyone successfully built mod_python3.03 on OpenBSD?

Laurence Tratt laurie at tratt.net
Fri Mar 21 08:57:44 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 02:07:42PM -0800, Mark Taylor wrote:

> I've been using OpenBSD3.2, apache2.0.43 and python2.2.1
>
> apxs is not building mod_python.so.  I've found similar plaints in the
> threads, but no solutions.

I haven't had a chance to try this on the latest mod_python, but the problem
certainly used to be that Apache (2.0.33/2.0.44) ships with a version of
libtool which could charitably be described as brain dead. Install libtool
from ports, then overwrite Apache's version of libtool "cp
/usr/local/bin/libtool /usr/local/apache2/build" [or wherever your Apache 2
is].

I've been doing a fairly substantial amount of mod_python work under OpenBSD
and, once installed, it's as stable as a rock.

Best wishes,

Laurie