[mod_python] ConnectionHandler sigsegv (fwd)

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 13:40:03 EST 2003

> > Which is the Redhat 9 current RPM.  Mod_Python is 3.0.1, also the current
> > Redhat RPM.
> 2.0.40 is a version of Apache a few major releases and almost a year
> behind...
> Connection support in 3.0.1 is very immature, you should really upgrade to
> apache 2.0.46 and mod_python 3.0.3.

Having upgraded my trivial port checking code works fine. Thanks :)

However, the connection object is a little too high level ... are there
plans for implementing a lower level 'socket' like interface, rather than
a blocking line or character reader?  The mod_perl module has this sort of
interface for example (AFAICT)

For example, I need to be able to consume all of the data currently
waiting into one chunk to process ... which may or may not end in a
linebreak character, can be of arbitrary length and the connection
doesn't close after sending.  So I can't use either read() or readline(),
with or without arguments :/

In particular, I'm looking at the possibility of handling Z39.50
connections, which has messages sent in a binary encoded form to be
decoded using rules in ASN1 and BER.

Cheers,

Rob

,'---/::::::::::.    Nebmedes:  telnet: nebmedes.o-r-g.org 7777
____/:::::::::::::.                WWW:  http://nebmedes.o-r-g.org:8000/
I L L U M I N A T I