[mod_python] global persistence

emf i at mindlace.net
Wed Jun 25 07:59:56 EST 2003

--On 25 Wednesday, June 2003 09:58 +0300 1 1 <mod_py at ua.fm> wrote:

>>> I suggest PostgreSQL as a database. Others will suggest MySQL, SQL
>>> Server,  Oracle, or Sybase.
>>> So go start learning about databases, and how best to use them! ;-)
>
> Yes, I'm using PgSQL and have possibly hundreds of simultaneous
> connections. That's why I tried to cache all in memory.
> Thanx for advice anyway.

Is there any reason why you haven't used the ZODB for this? With ZEO,
you can access persistent values from multiple processes. As long as
your application doesn't heavily write to the same objects, it should
be just what you need (and has been tested and deployed in quite large
environments.)

Here's an intro:
<http://www.amk.ca/zodb/zodb-zeo.html>

Here's where to get it: