[mod_python] Mod_python in real world

kevin douglas fitnah55 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:37:48 EST 2003

once upon a time StarMedia's "geocities" like product ran on
mod_python..

re: 28M guest users and 1.5M subscribers

3 ultra sparcs.. f5 load balancer.. terabyte raid behind it..

it's not designed to be plug and play though.. if you want to get expert
functionality out of it you have to know how to design expert
functionality

there's plenty of horrible persistent java setups out there, mod_python
is
never that bad

tweak up on your multiplexing skills make sure you follow the
application
path exactly as it really is under the hood, and you're as good as
golden

solaris context switching is still superior I believe, but the new xeon
architecture seems promising as long as you design around it

unfortunately my xeon box w/ hyperthreading is not my dev box :/  can't
comment more on that