[mod_python] tcltkaqua and IDLE

emf i at mindlace.net
Wed Jun 11 11:34:03 EST 2003

Hello,

I've installed TclTkAquaBl-8.4.2.0 and i installed IDLE from the
package manager. When I run it, it launches and quits.
When I open it from the command line it does the same.

When I do:

pythonw
/Applications/MacPython-2.3/IDLE.app/Contents/Resources/idlelib/idle.py

I get:

RuntimeError: tcl.h version (8.4) doesn't match libtcl.a version (8.4)

If I comment out the test for if tcl_version != _tkinter.TCL_VERSION
everything works fine.

Is this because I installed 8.4.2 instead of 8.4.1?

(on a tangental note, if I ever don't want these packages any more,
what can I do?)

Thanks,

~mindlace
http://mindlace.net